воскресенье, 19 октября 2008 г.

ask jay just




Sproutapos;s black denim house dress is nearly done. I need to hem it and put some decorative buttons on the cuffs and thatapos;s all it requires. But.. It sure looks boring So Iapos;m thinking maybe after halloween, a friend with an embroidery machine (one that isnapos;t as intimidating as the huge multi-thread walk-away-and-it-stitches-pictures-for-you things another friend has) will set me up to do some leafy bits around the neckline and maybe across the bust seam. Kinda hard to decorate something like this. But... It will really need to go in the dryer with a dryer sheet first man, this thing isnapos;t even on a dress form and it just sucks cat hair and lint out of the air It lives folded up on a box and it still looks like the cats have been playing in it. Geez.

Iapos;ve started the mockup for my labcoat. Interesting: I cut it to a size 1x for the top half and the 2x for the lower half (Iapos;m a touch pear shaped these days, hopefully my lower half will catch down to my upper). I tried it on, and the thing seemed huge Then I tried it on over the garment Iapos;ll be wearing it over, and itapos;s not huge anymore. But the front panels have these odd swoopy pulls to them, so I suspect I need to split the side seams and see how much it falls open to look right, and add that much into the front panels. Iapos;m also tweaking the sleeves and they havenapos;t come out the way I want yet.

And Iapos;m trying to make some money sewing for other people. (Warning Will Robinson. Danger ahead). Geez. Iapos;ve got this one lady who works out with me on Fridays. She wants me to make her a halloween costume. Now, because of her shape she likes to wear baby-doll style tops of cotton jersey - over pants. Ok, fine. First she wants a pilgrim costume.. But in baby-doll. I looked perpelexed and concerned because that fashion just doesnapos;t work with an empire waist. So she huffed and then changed her mind to wanting an angel costume - baby-doll style. With elbow length sleeves and a flounce. And a ruffle at the bottom. In white. Or maybe purple (but not a dark purple ) - because purple is so recognizable as an angel????? And she wants it in fabric like her tops. Or maybe sweatshirt fleece cause she might be cold. Uh-huh. So I found some Roma cotton at Joannapos;s and used my coupon (basically, turtle-neck weight jersey) in white. Might have considered a very pale lavender but there wasnapos;t any.

Oh and she wants me to make her some apos;uniformsapos; so she can look professional giving lectures (sheapos;s a nurse who does colonics). She keeps saying she wants me to make her some jumpers. Out of corduroy. In Purple - maybe with flowers like a Laura Ashley print. Finally got out of her that she doesnapos;t want a apos;jumperapos;, she wants a jumpsuit in purple corduroy, with lots of pockets.. Because she feels this makes her look professional. Um... Do I have whiplash yet? I just keep reminding myself that if that what she feels and wants, itapos;s just my job to sew the stuff, not critique it.

I think Iapos;d rather work on my labcoat. Got another coat project I want to buy fabric for (in corduroy even) but more on that later.
ask jay just, ask jayvee, ask jayvees, ask jcaho question staff.



Комментариев нет: