пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

expounders




Iapos;ve told everyone I feel obligated to tell in person, so now I can post it on the internets.

Iapos;m not going to Cuba in the spring. There wasnapos;t enough interest in the program to have it next semester.

I was a bit bummed when I found out the news. Iapos;m going to really regret not having studied abroad if I donapos;t go. But thereapos;s always volunteer abroad opportunities that I can seize upon... Maybe during the summer if I donapos;t have to start grad school until the fall. However, this has forced me to relearn Spanish which an EXCELLENT skill to have in social work.

So Iapos;m stuck here next semester. The silver lining is that I get to do concert and pep band AND I only have to take 12 hours to graduate. So my schedule next semester is:

Monday: 1-4 Practicum Seminar, 6-7:15 Spanish 4
Tuesday: 6-8 Concert Band (thatapos;s right, nothing until 6 pm)
Wednesday: 9-3:45 Practicum, 6-7:15 Spanish 4
Thursday: 9-3:45 Practicum, 6-8 Concert Band
Friday: 9-3:45 Practicum

The night class unfortunately preempts some of the basketball games. However, Jaqui and Anne are rabid about doing the basketball games and going on the trips so Iapos;m nonchalant about that. As long as both the men and women are good enough for NCAA berths this year (and they should be) Iapos;m all good.

I also get to attend my own graduation. Pittapos;s graduation is boring but at least I get to go.

Iapos;m also considering bringing Griblet up here next semester to live with me. My momapos;s all for the idea, I just have to convince the roommates and the landlord that Griblet will be fine and not molest the cats (as my memory serves, he never even had an interest in interacting with Fish and Ting) or tear up the house (give him a chewbone and he wonapos;t bother anything). I can start training him to be a therapy dog... We have a nice little backyard... Schenley Park is right down the road. Iapos;m excited for this, I just hope I can wear away any apprehensions that the roommates have about him.

My roommateapos;s cats are doing well. Starbuck adores Howdy and is sporatically nice to everyone else. Prince Gingertail is just the sweetest, stupidest thing ever. Theyapos;re starting to chase each other... Iapos;m not sure if theyapos;re playing or not.

Tonight Iapos;m going to Fright Nights at Kennywood and Iapos;m really excited for it :).

Emily

blog heidi swapp, expounders, expounding, expounding definition, expounds.



Комментариев нет: